Three point lighting is the standard used to illuminate a subject for amateur film, video, and even theater application.
The Key light was a 500 Watt halogen shop light, set up at about the 2 o'clock position relative to the woman, just above the height of her head.
The Fill light was a 50 watt halogen light set up at her 10 o'clock position, also just barely above her head.
The backlight was a 150w light bulb in an aluminum reflector, mounted to the ceiling, at about her 5 o'clock.
All in all, this lighting setup cost about 30 bucks if you don't own any of these lights, and costs nothing if you already own them. Give it a shot!
Want to master Microsoft Excel and take your work-from-home job prospects to the next level? Jump-start your career with our Premium A-to-Z Microsoft Excel Training Bundle from the new Gadget Hacks Shop and get lifetime access to more than 40 hours of Basic to Advanced instruction on functions, formula, tools, and more.
Other worthwhile deals to check out:
- 97% off The Ultimate 2021 White Hat Hacker Certification Bundle
- 98% off The 2021 Accounting Mastery Bootcamp Bundle
- 99% off The 2021 All-in-One Data Scientist Mega Bundle
- 59% off XSplit VCam: Lifetime Subscription (Windows)
- 98% off The 2021 Premium Learn To Code Certification Bundle
- 62% off MindMaster Mind Mapping Software: Perpetual License
- 41% off NetSpot Home Wi-Fi Analyzer: Lifetime Upgrades