The so-called 'photo button trick' can help you get the exposure right, when you film in low light situations / total darkness. The tutorial was made for the Canon HV20 but works for the HG10 as well (they share menu / software).
The footage happens to be me filming the tutorial :). You'll see my HG10 filming with no gain (at the lowest ISO setting possible for the camcorder). The footage used on the screen in the video is the original tutorial from The DV Show. It seems confusing at first, but by the end you'll see he's recording a computer monitor with the video on it.
Want to master Microsoft Excel and take your work-from-home job prospects to the next level? Jump-start your career with our Premium A-to-Z Microsoft Excel Training Bundle from the new Gadget Hacks Shop and get lifetime access to more than 40 hours of Basic to Advanced instruction on functions, formula, tools, and more.
Other worthwhile deals to check out:
- 97% off The Ultimate 2021 White Hat Hacker Certification Bundle
- 98% off The 2021 Accounting Mastery Bootcamp Bundle
- 99% off The 2021 All-in-One Data Scientist Mega Bundle
- 59% off XSplit VCam: Lifetime Subscription (Windows)
- 98% off The 2021 Premium Learn To Code Certification Bundle
- 62% off MindMaster Mind Mapping Software: Perpetual License
- 41% off NetSpot Home Wi-Fi Analyzer: Lifetime Upgrades