This is an absolutely fundamental concept and is important to development as a filmmaker. It's a really simple pice of shorthand that cinematographers and gaffers use to keep track of lighting setups across different shooting days. It's called a lighting ratio or a contrast ratio.
Mike from the SubStream's "Film Lab" has some tips regarding film lighting.
Grab your light meter, because here comes Professor Mike's lesson on lighting ratios, a concept that's easier to understand than you might think. Impress the technicians on your next film shoot.
This is film school condensed and packaged for your mass consumption. Learn the insider's tricks to making movies!!!
Want to master Microsoft Excel and take your work-from-home job prospects to the next level? Jump-start your career with our Premium A-to-Z Microsoft Excel Training Bundle from the new Gadget Hacks Shop and get lifetime access to more than 40 hours of Basic to Advanced instruction on functions, formula, tools, and more.
Other worthwhile deals to check out:
- 97% off The Ultimate 2021 White Hat Hacker Certification Bundle
- 98% off The 2021 Accounting Mastery Bootcamp Bundle
- 99% off The 2021 All-in-One Data Scientist Mega Bundle
- 59% off XSplit VCam: Lifetime Subscription (Windows)
- 98% off The 2021 Premium Learn To Code Certification Bundle
- 62% off MindMaster Mind Mapping Software: Perpetual License
- 41% off NetSpot Home Wi-Fi Analyzer: Lifetime Upgrades